Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas and Crocheting


As I am sitting here, looking at my beautiful new and REAL Christmas Tree, a thought crossed my mind. Oh shit, I only have 14 days left to complete the present I am making for Grandma Ricard. Then I thought, out loud mind you "Oh HOLY SHIT, I only have 13 days", because we are celebrating Christmas with Steve's fam on Christmas Eve since Jake is working Christmas Day. Considering I have approximately 2 3/4 rows completed, I have my work cut out for me. And who do I have to thank for this?!? My Mother-In-Law Sandy...I called one warm day in November and told Sandy how I wanted to crochet Grandma a nice shoulder shawl for Christmas, and asked her opinion as to how big it should be. Sandy being the loving and caring Daughter-in-Law to Grandma that she is thought it would be better if I made her a nice lap blanket for Grandma's legs. She had gotten a blanket of Noah's and set it on Grandma's legs and it was a perfect fit and not too heavy that it would hurt her legs. I asked Sandy how big the blanket was, and she said, "hold on, let me get the yard stick (or ruler) and measure it". Immediatley I lost my breath and thought I was going to have a heart attack. She has to measure it?!? I then realized this blanket was not a size that could be eyeballed and guestimated. It's the real deal, it needs a yard stick.

So, here I am, done decorating my Christmas Tree, not done with the house yet and I have Christmas boxes in my living room that I will make Steve take car of in the appropriate fashion when he gets home from his long day of work and after cooking dinner because we are having chicken, and I don't cook chicken. I think I'm a bit color blind when it comes to telling if the juices are pinkish or clear...

Anyways, back to my point. I'm done with my tree, done with my homework for the evening, and thinking, I should crochet, but Grey's Anatomy is on tonight, and I could watch and croch.....

Back to my point, as you can tell, my number one downfall is coming into play as we speak...actually, one and two. Procrastinating and Number Two Space Cadet, (Number Two, because Steve takes the cake on that one).

Turns out, I enjoy crocheting and will probably work my fingers to the bone starting the 22nd of December, because that is the day I go on Christmas Break at school!

By the way, the blanket should be 3 feet x 4 feet.







No comments:

Post a Comment